he new Bradley’s Head Road Boardwalk in Mosman has officially opened after first commencing design in late 2019, in collaboration with Design Team Lead Spackman Mossop and Michaels. It is part of a scenic thoroughfare for riders and walkers, located adjacent Taronga Zoo.
The proposed works included the following:
- A footpath which extends from the existing footpath to the Athol Hall intersection
- Extension to the number of car parking bays
- Structural design of the suspended walkway
- Boardwalk lighting and sculptures by Indigenous artist Maddison Gibbs
Key elements and considerations in regards to the design included
- Minimising the number of trees which are to be removed (possibly incorporate a meandering path or board walk)
- Control the stormwater run-off so it does not enter the adjacent National Park
The construction was completed by Regal Innovations.