NSW is facing increasing demand for educational facilities to match the growing population. To cater for this demand, existing schools are being remodelled and new schools being built in developing areas.
As part of this major expansion project, Woolacotts has provided engineering design for the following schools:
- Randwick Public School expansion
- Rainbow Public School expansion
- Kellyville South Public School
- Bardia Public School
- Oran Park Public School and High School
- Homebush West Public School expansion
- Schofields Public School expansion and redevelopment
- Riverbank Public School expansion
- Penshurst Public School expansion and redevelopment
- Gledswood Hills Public School
- Curl Curl North Public School expansion and redevelopment
The schools are all designed to suit modern teaching methods, incorporating teaching opportunities in the infrastructure and surrounding environment. In place of old style box shapes, the buildings feature curved walls, overhangs and mixed materials to create a more intellectually challenging environment for students.
Our engineers are also learning the new era of working with architects to create modern learning spaces, says Scott Clemmet, Principal Structural Engineer.
Each new education project is different and the bland old box style standard vanished years ago.
Woolacotts has a dedicated division to deliver award-winning capital work projects for the education sector. We are in the business of working with architects to create inspiring learning spaces.
Are you partnering with an engineering consultant that has the right focus? If not contact Scott Clemmett